Here’s a few things that caught my attention over the last two weeks while writing a chapter on my dissertation:
- Skoll World Forum on social entrepreneurship – interest in collaboration for large scale change
- A “social innovation compact” – an agreement between a nonprofit and a state in the US.
- The founder of Wikipedia on the Ashoka website speaks about social entrepreneurship – Wikipedia often cited as an example of social innovation.
- Social innovation conversations facilitated by Nokia on its new site called Change Connections.
- The Fast Company article confirms the interest between design and social innovation.
- McKinsey’s report on Social Entrepreneurship – with articles by Elkington, Drayton and Dees.
- New way to do a flash mob – use Lady Gaga music in a Hotel lobby to highlight the rights of unionized workers!
And I really enjoyed Daniel Pink’s site…found a great street sign and the video below – not much to do with social innovation per se but thought they might be worth sharing!