1. School Reform in Detroit: Critical Lessons in Building Community Support
April 13th, 2011 from 2:00 – 3:00 pm (ET)
“The panel will explore the important role that civic leaders—both outside the public school system and within—can play in engaging and mobilizing the support of parents, neighbors and others in an effort to turn around an education system.” See details and register.
- Archon Fung (moderator) – Ford Foundation Professor of Democracy and Citizenship, Harvard Kennedy School
- Michael Tenbusch – Vice President, United Way for Southeastern Michigan
- Johnathon Matthews – Principal, Cody Academy of Public Leadership
2. Social Innovation as Economic Development: Incubate and Grow Social Enterprises in Your Community
April 19th, 2011 from 2:00 – 3:00 pm (ET)
“This webinar will explore the potential impact of, and lay out some key strategies for, supporting local social enterprises as a practical and effective means of encouraging business development, job growth and wealth creation”. See details and register.
- Anthony Williams (moderator) – William H. Bloomberg Lecturer in Public Management, Harvard Kennedy School; former two-term mayor of the District of Columbia
- Christopher Gergen – Co-founder and Executive Director, Bull City Forward
- Bo Menkiti – Founder and CEO, The Menkiti Group
To get a feel for the quality of these webinars check out previous events here.